Mini golfing, also known as putt-putt or miniature golf, is a fun and challenging activity that involves navigating a small course and completing various obstacles and challenges. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, is known for its beautiful beaches, but it also offers some of the best mini golf courses in the country.
Also Read: Best Mini Golf in Orlando
Here are some of the top mini golf courses in Myrtle Beach SC that you won’t want to miss:
- Captain Hook’s Adventure Golf: This pirate-themed course includes two 18-hole courses with exciting features like a skeleton pirate ship and a waterfall.
- Dragon’s Lair Miniature Golf: This medieval-themed course has 18 holes and features a giant dragon and castle.
- Cancun Lagoon Miniature Golf Course: This tropical-themed course has 27 holes and features a large lagoon and waterfall.
- Jurassic Golf: This dinosaur-themed course has 18 holes and features life-size animatronic dinosaurs.
- Shipwreck Island Adventure Golf: This pirate-themed course has 36 holes and features a sunken ship and a live alligator exhibit.
- Jungle Safari Mini Golf: This jungle-themed course has 18 holes and features waterfalls and life-size animals.
The putt putt course stands out for its unique themes, challenging holes, family-friendly atmosphere, and affordable prices. But don’t just take our word for it, here are some of the reviews from visitors:
- My family had a blast at Captain Hook’s Adventure Golf. The course was well-maintained and had great theming!”
- Jurassic Golf was a hit with my kids. The dinosaurs were so realistic and the holes were challenging but fun.”
- “Shipwreck Island Adventure Golf was too crowded and we had to wait a long time to play. The prices were also a bit steep.”
- “Dragon’s Lair Miniature Golf was fun, but some of the holes were too easy and not very creative.”
If you’re planning to play mini golf in Myrtle Beach, here are some tips to make the most out of your experience:
- Wear comfortable shoes to navigate through the course.
- Bring sunscreen and bug spray to protect yourself from the sun and insects.
- Plan for crowds and be patient if there is a wait to play.
- Most importantly, have fun and enjoy the unique and exciting courses Myrtle Beach has to offer.
- Explore the best mini golf courses in Myrtle Beach, including Captain Hook’s Adventure Golf, Dragon’s Lair Miniature Golf, Cancun Lagoon Mini Golf, Jurassic Golf, Shipwreck Island Adventure Golf, and Jungle Safari Mini Golf.
- Experience unique themes, challenging holes, and a family-friendly atmosphere at these top mini golf courses.
- Tips for playing mini golf in Myrtle Beach include wearing comfortable shoes, bringing sunscreen and bug spray, planning for crowds, and most importantly, having fun and being patient.
What Is Mini Golf?
Mini golf, also known as miniature golf or putt-putt, is a recreational game that is played on a small, artificial course. It is a downsized version of traditional golf and can be enjoyed by players of all ages and skill levels. The main objective is to complete each hole using the least amount of strokes possible, utilizing a putter to maneuver a golf ball through obstacles such as ramps, tunnels, and windmills.
Mini golf offers a fun and relaxed way to partake in the game of golf, without the need for extensive training or access to a full-size golf course.
Where Is the Best Mini Golf in Myrtle Beach?
When it comes to mini golf, the Myrtle Beach area has no shortage of options. But which courses truly stand out from the rest? In this section, we’ll take a look at the top contenders for the title of the best mini golf in Myrtle Beach. From the pirate-themed adventure at Captain Hook’s to the prehistoric fun at Jurassic Golf, each course offers its own unique challenges and charms. Let’s tee off and explore the top mini golf courses in Myrtle Beach.
1. Captain Hook’s Adventure Golf
Overview Captain Hook’s Adventure Golf immerses players in the world of Peter Pan and Neverland, complete with pirate ships and animated characters.
- Two 18-hole courses focusing on the story of Peter Pan and Captain Hook.
- Encounter characters like Tinkerbell, Lost Boys, and mermaids throughout the course.
- Includes educational placards about the story, adding a fun learning element.
- Around $10-$12 per person, with discount opportunities for children and additional rounds.
Captain Hook’s Adventure Golf in Myrtle Beach offers a thrilling and entertaining mini golf experience for visitors. Follow these steps to maximize your visit:
- Explore the Pirate-Themed Course: Immerse yourself in the pirate world as you navigate through 18 holes of mini golf.
- Challenge Yourself: Test your mini golf skills as each hole presents unique obstacles and challenges, adding to the excitement.
- Bring the Family: Captain Hook’s Adventure Golf is a perfect family-friendly attraction, creating lasting memories with loved ones of all ages.
- Affordable Fun: Enjoy a fun activity without breaking the bank with reasonable prices at Captain Hook’s Adventure Golf.
Immerse yourself in the pirate world, test your mini golf abilities, and create unforgettable memories at Captain Hook’s Adventure Golf in Myrtle Beach.
2. Dragon’s Lair Miniature Golf
Overview Located at Broadway at the Beach, Dragon’s Lair Fantasy Golf transports players into a medieval fantasy world, complete with a fire-breathing dragon.
- A 36-hole course set in a medieval castle theme.
- The courses are interspersed with animatronic dragons, knights, and other mythical creatures.
- The dragon “wakes up” every half hour, offering a spectacular display of sound and light.
- Around $12-$15 per person. Package deals are available for playing multiple rounds or in combination with other attractions at Broadway at the Beach.
Dragon’s Lair Miniature Golf is one of the best mini golf courses in Myrtle Beach. Its medieval theme and challenging holes make it a one-of-a-kind and enjoyable experience for people of all ages. The course boasts intricate designs and obstacles, including a dragon guarding the final hole. Families will love the family-friendly atmosphere and affordable prices at Dragon’s Lair. Visitors have raved about the well-maintained greens and friendly staff. To fully enjoy your time, be sure to wear comfortable shoes, bring sunscreen and bug spray, and plan for potential crowds. Have a blast at Dragon’s Lair Miniature Golf!
Get ready to feel like a tourist in Mexico without the pricey vacation at Cancun Lagoon Mini Golf – the perfect spot for a hole-in-one and a margarita.
3. Cancun Lagoon Mini Golf
Overview Cancun Lagoon Adventure Golf offers an exotic Mayan theme, complete with pyramids, hieroglyphics, and ancient artifacts. It’s an ideal spot for those who love history with a twist of fun.
- Features 27 holes across three different courses.
- Indoor and outdoor elements allow for play in various weather conditions.
- The courses wind through a massive Mayan pyramid with unique water features.
- Approximately $9-$11 per person, with options for all-day passes and discounts for additional rounds.
Cancun Lagoon Mini Golf in Myrtle Beach offers a unique and enjoyable experience for visitors. Make the most of your visit by following these steps:
- Begin by exploring the tropical-themed course with its beautiful landscaping and water features.
- Challenge yourself on the 27 holes of mini-golf, each with its own unique layout and obstacles at Cancun Lagoon Mini Golf.
- Enjoy the family-friendly atmosphere, where players of all ages can have fun together at this location.
- Take advantage of the affordable prices, with reasonable rates for both adults and children at Cancun Lagoon Mini Golf.
During my visit to Cancun Lagoon Mini Golf, I was amazed by the attention to detail in the course design. The palm trees, waterfalls, and bright colors made me feel like I was on a tropical vacation. The challenging holes kept me entertained, and the friendly staff made the experience even better. It was a memorable day of fun and laughter for my whole family, and we can’t wait to go back again.
4. Jurassic Golf
Jurassic Golf in Myrtle Beach offers a unique and thrilling mini golf experience. To fully enjoy your visit, follow these steps:
- Arrive early to avoid crowds.
- Choose the right putter and ball size for better control.
- Study each hole’s layout and obstacles before taking your shot.
- Use the provided scorecard to keep track of your progress.
- Watch out for the animatronic dinosaurs that come to life throughout the course.
- Take your time and enjoy the detailed theming and landscaping.
- Challenge yourself with the course’s varied hole designs.
- Capture memorable moments with photos at the Jurassic Golf course’s photo spots.
- After your game, visit the on-site gift shop for souvenirs.
Don’t forget to have fun and embrace the prehistoric adventure at Jurassic Golf!
Prepare to get shipwrecked with challenging holes and a family-friendly atmosphere at Shipwreck Island Adventure Golf – the ultimate mini golf experience in Myrtle Beach!
5. Shipwreck Island Adventure Golf
Shipwreck Island Adventure Golf in Myrtle Beach offers an exciting mini golf experience with its pirate-themed course. To make the most of your visit, follow these steps:
- Arrive early to avoid long lines.
- Choose the right club and ball size for each player.
- Read the course rules and follow them.
- Pay attention to the obstacles and plan your shots accordingly.
- Take your time to line up each shot and adjust your strength.
- Keep score and compete with friends or family.
- Enjoy the scenic views and immersive pirate atmosphere.
- At the end, return your equipment and check out the souvenir shop.
Get ready to swing, putt, and dodge some wild obstacles at the Jungle Safari Mini Golf – the perfect place to unleash your inner Tarzan and Jane!
6. Jungle Safari Mini Golf
Jungle Safari Mini Golf in Myrtle Beach offers a one-of-a-kind and thrilling mini golf experience.
- Step onto the course and immerse yourself in the jungle-themed surroundings of Jungle Safari Mini Golf.
- Enjoy the challenging holes that are specifically designed to test your putting skills.
- Bring your whole family along as the course provides a fun and family-friendly atmosphere for all to enjoy.
- Experience affordable prices, allowing you to enjoy a round of mini golf without breaking the bank at Jungle Safari Mini Golf.
- Explore the positive reviews from visitors who appreciate the unique theme and enjoyable gameplay at Jungle Safari Mini Golf.
- Be aware of some negative reviews regarding maintenance issues or crowded periods at Jungle Safari Mini Golf.
7. Mt. Atlanticus Minotaur Goff
Overview Mt. Atlanticus Minotaur Goff is a local favorite, known for its imaginative layout and engaging themes. With two 18-hole courses – the Minotaur and the Conch Shell – it offers a fun and challenging experience for all ages.
- Themed around a mythical minotaur’s labyrinth.
- Offers stunning views of the ocean from certain points.
- Features elaborate decorations, including waterfalls, caves, and tropical landscapes.
- Approximately $10-$12 per person, with discounts available for replays.
8. Hawaiian Rumble Mini Golf
Overview Hawaiian Rumble Golf is rated as one of the best mini golf courses globally and is known for hosting the annual Masters of Mini Golf tournament.
- A Hawaiian theme complete with a 40-foot volcano that erupts periodically.
- The course is beautifully landscaped with tropical plants, waterfalls, and streams.
- Offers a well-balanced challenge for both beginners and experienced players.
- Approximately $9-$11 per person, with special rates for seniors and children.
9. Professor Hacker’s Lost Treasure Golf
While exploring the best mini golf courses in Myrtle Beach, a special mention must be given to North Myrtle Beach. This area, known for its family-friendly attractions and stunning coastline, also boasts some fantastic mini golf courses that add to the charm and excitement of the region. Let’s explore a couple of notable mini golf spots in North Myrtle Beach.
Overview Professor Hacker’s Lost Treasure Golf offers an adventurous mini golf experience, where players follow the storyline of a fictional professor on his quest for lost treasure.
- Two 18-hole courses that take players on a journey through caves, waterfalls, and a pirate ship.
- Unique features include a mining train that takes players to the first holes.
- Themed around a fun and engaging treasure hunt narrative.
- Approximately $10-$12 per person, with discounts available for replays and group rates.
What Makes These Mini Golf Courses Stand Out?
Myrtle Beach is a popular destination for mini golf enthusiasts, with numerous courses to choose from. But what sets the best mini golf courses in Myrtle Beach apart from the rest? In this section, we will take a closer look at the key factors that make these mini golf courses stand out. From unique themes and challenging holes to family-friendly atmosphere and affordable prices, these courses offer a winning combination for a fun and memorable mini golf experience.
1. Unique Themes
Mini golf courses in Myrtle Beach are known for their distinctive themes, adding an extra layer of fun and excitement to the game. To choose a mini golf course with a unique theme, keep these steps in mind:
- Research: Look for courses that offer distinctive themes like pirates, dinosaurs, or tropical landscapes.
- Visual Appeal: Consider the overall design, including colorful decorations, props, and creative hole layouts.
- Immersive Experience: Choose courses that transport you to a different world through storytelling and thematic elements.
- Variety: Look for courses with a range of themes, ensuring each hole offers a new and exciting experience.
- Attention to Detail: Pay attention to the small details like sound effects, lighting, and interactive features that enhance the theme.
By following these steps, you can find a mini golf course in Myrtle Beach that offers a truly unique and memorable experience.
These holes will make you question your golf skills more than your life choices.
2. Challenging Holes
Challenging holes are an essential aspect of the best mini golf courses in Myrtle Beach. These courses feature unique and exciting obstacles that test players’ skills and add to the overall fun and enjoyment. Here are some steps to consider when facing challenging holes:
- Observe the layout: Take a moment to assess the design of the hole and any potential obstacles or hazards.
- Plan your shot: Consider different strategies to navigate around obstacles and hit the ball towards the hole.
- Control your strength: Adjust the power and angle of your swing to overcome challenges and avoid overshooting or undershooting.
- Be patient and persistent: Challenging holes may require multiple attempts, so don’t get discouraged and keep trying until you succeed.
- Enjoy the challenge: Embrace the difficulty and have fun with the unique and exciting elements that make these holes stand out.
3. Family-Friendly Atmosphere
A family-friendly atmosphere is a crucial factor to consider when selecting a mini golf course in Myrtle Beach. Follow these steps to ensure an enjoyable experience for the whole family:
- Choose courses that offer options suitable for all ages, including both easy and challenging holes.
- Look for courses with themed decorations and interactive elements that will engage children.
- Select courses that prioritize safety, with well-maintained facilities and clear signage.
- Opt for courses that provide amenities such as shaded seating areas, restrooms, and refreshment options.
Fact: Myrtle Beach boasts some of the top mini golf courses in the country, offering endless fun and entertainment for the entire family.
4. Affordable Prices
When it comes to mini golf in Myrtle Beach, one of the standout features of these courses is their affordable prices. Visitors can enjoy a fun and challenging game without overspending. For example, Captain Hook’s Adventure Golf, Dragon’s Lair Miniature Golf, and Cancun Lagoon Mini Golf all offer reasonable rates for a memorable experience. Jurassic Golf and Shipwreck Island Adventure Golf also provide great value for the money. So, if you’re looking for a budget-friendly activity in Myrtle Beach, these mini golf courses are a fantastic option.
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes Myrtle Beach the mini golf capital of the world?
Myrtle Beach is known for its incredible variety of mini golf courses, with over 50 unique and inventive themes to choose from. You can play on a mock airplane ride, explore ancient ruins, or even putt through a giant volcano. The city offers something for everyone, making it a must-visit destination for mini golf lovers.
What are some must-try spots for mini golf in Myrtle Beach?
Some popular mini golf courses in Myrtle Beach include Mt. Atlanticus Minotaur Goff, which features ancient hieroglyphics and a giant riddle to solve, and Molten Mountain, which has a volcano that erupts every 30 minutes. Other notable courses include Cancun Lagoon Adventure Golf and Professor Hacker’s Lost Treasure Golf.
Are there any challenging courses for more experienced players?
Absolutely! Myrtle Beach offers several challenging courses for pro mini golf players, including Rescue Falls at Mayday Miniature Golf and the U.S. Opens at Treasure Island Mini Golf. These courses have higher elevations, bank shots, and other obstacles to test your skills.
Can kids play mini golf in Myrtle Beach?
Of course! Most mini golf courses in Myrtle Beach are designed for all ages, so even pint-sized golfers can join in on the fun. However, younger players may find some courses, such as Captain Hook’s Adventure Golf, more challenging due to the creative obstacles and special effects.
Are there any mini golf courses with unique themes in Myrtle Beach?
Yes, there are many mini golf courses with inventive and fun themes in Myrtle Beach. Some examples include Hawaiian Rumble, which has a tropical island theme, and The Black Pearl Mini Golf, which is inspired by the famous film Peter Pan. These courses provide a fun and visually appealing challenge for players.
What are some other attractions at Myrtle Beach mini golf courses?
In addition to mini golf, many courses in Myrtle Beach offer other attractions such as go-kart tracks and arcade games. Some courses, like Professor Hacker’s Lost Treasure Golf, even have a full-sized player train that takes you to the first hole. There’s never a dull moment at these fun zones.